- The 65th Grammy Awards are on Feb. 5, 2023.
- Adele has been nominated for multiple awards, including Song, Record, and Album of the Year.
- As of 2023, she has a ten-year unbroken winning streak.
Adele is so unstoppable at the Grammy Awards, drag performer Ginger Minj once said — when portraying the British singer on RuPaul’s Drag Race – Adele wouldn’t have to sing a song, and she’d “probably win an award for it, anyway.” Such is the award show juggernaut Adele has been, with her going on an unbroken winning streak since 2012.
Heading into the 65th Grammy Awards, Adele has 15 wins and 25 nominations, seven of which remain to be decided at the Feb. 5, 2023, show. As she has been with her previous two albums, Adele is up for Album of the Year, Song of the Year, and Record of the Year. Will Adele repeat those winning ways this year? Or will her streak finally be broken? Find out what Adele is nominated for.
Adele’s 2023 Grammy Nominations
Adele enters the 65th Grammy Awards with a staggering seven nominations.
- Album of the Year: Adele’s 30 is up for Album of the Year and is one of the frontrunners to win it if her record is any indication. She’s competing against ABBA’sVoyage, Bad Bunny’sUn verano sin ti, Harry Styles’Harry’s House, Lizzo’sSpecial, Mary J. Blige’sGood Morning Gorgeous, Coldplay’sMusic of the Spheres, Brandi Carlile’s In These Silent Days, Kendrick Lamar’sMr. Morale & the Big Steppers, and Beyoncé’sRenaissance.
- Song of the Year: Adele’s “Easy On Me” is up for Song of the Year, going against GAYLE’s“ABCDEFU,” Lizzo’s “About Damn Time,” Taylor Swift’s“All Too Well (10 Minute Version),” Harry Styles’ “As It Was,” Beyoncé’s “Break My Soul,” DJ Khaled’s “God Did,” and Bonnie Rait’s“Just Like That.”
- Record of the Year: Adele’s “Easy On Me” goes up against ABBA’s “Don’t Shut Me Down,” Beyoncé’s “Break My Soul,” “Good Morning Gorgeous by Mary J. Blige, Doja Cat’s “Woman,”Brandi Carlile‘s “You and Me on the Rock” (featuring Lucius,Steve Lacy’s “Bad Habit,” Kendrick Lamar’s “The Heart Part Five,” Lizzo’s “About Damn Time,” and Harry Styles’ “As It Was.”
- Best Pop Solo Performance: “Easy on Me” looks to continue Adele’s streak in the Best Pop Solo Performance. It goes up against “About Damn Time” (Lizzo), “As It Was” (Harry Styles), “Bad Habit” (Steve Lacy), “Woman” (Doja Cat), and “Moscow Mule” (Bad Bunny)
- Best Music Video: For Best Music Video, “Easy on Me” is nominated alongside BTS‘ “Yet To Come,” Doja Cat’s “Woman,” Harry Styles’ “As It Was,” “The Heart Part Five” by Kendrick Lamar, and All Too Well: The Short Film, by Talyor Swift.
- Best Pop Vocal Album: 30 takes on Voyage (ABBA), Music of the Spheres (Coldplay), Special (Lizzo), and Harry’s House (Harry Styles) for the Best Pop Vocal Album
- Best Music Film: Adele One Night Only looks to win Best Music Film. It’s nominated alongside Justin Bieber’sOur World, Billie Eilish’sBillie Eilish Live at the O2, Rosalía’s Motomami (Rosalía TikTok Live Performance), Neil Young and Crazy Horse’sA Band A Brotherhood A Barn, and Jazz Fest: A New Orleans Story.
Adele’s 15 Grammy Wins
Best New Artist — 2009
Best Female Pop Vocal Performance — “Chasing Pavements” (2009)
Adele won Best New Artist in 2009, taking the award over Jazmine Sullivan, Lady Antebellum (now known as Lady A), Duffy, and the Jonas Brothers.
Album of the Year, 21 (2012)
Best Pop Vocal Album, 21 (2012)
Record of the Year, “Rolling in the Deep” (2012)
Song of the Year, “Rolling in the Deep” (2012)
Best Short Form Music Video, “Rolling in the Deep” (2012)
Best Pop Solo Performance, “Someone Like You” (2012)
In 2012, Adele won six Grammy Awards in a single night. This isn’t the most won by a single person at one show. That would be Michael Jackson, who took home 8 in 1984 for Thriller and “Beat It,” and Santana in 2000 for Supernatural and “Smooth.”
However, Adele’s six-pack of Grammys tied her with Roger Miller, Quincy Jones, Eric Clapton, and Beyoncé, who pulled off the feat before her. Since then, engineer Tom Elmhirst, performer Bruno Mars, and songwriter/producer Finneas O’Connell have all done the same, winning six Grammys in a single night.
Best Pop Solo Performance — “Set Fire To The Rain,” live version from Live at the Royal Albert Hall (2013)
Best Song Written for Visual Media — “Skyfall” from Skyfall (2014)
Album of the Year – 25 (2017)
Record of the Year — “Hello” (2017)
Song of the Year — “Hello” (2017)
Best Pop Solo Performance — “Hello” (2017)
Best Pop Vocal Album — 25 (2017)
In 2017, Adele did a clean sweep of her nominations, which saw her take Album of the Year over Beyoncé’s Lemonade. During Adele’s teary acceptance speech, she tried to put the spotlight on Bey. “I can’t possibly accept this award. I’m very humbled and very grateful and gracious, but my artist of my life is Beyoncé. The Lemonade album was so monumental,” she said, saying how Lemonade was so well-thought-out and that it should have won.
“My personal opinion is that Beyoncé definitely should have won,” Adele told Vogue in 2021. Adele assumed that Lemonade was going to take the award. “I just got this feeling: I f**king won it. I got overwhelmed, with, like, I will have to go and tell her how much her record means to me.”
Later, Adele went to Beyoncé’s dressing room twice to tell her how much Lemonade meant. “I just said to her, like, the way that the Grammys works, and the people who control it at the very, very top — they don’t know what a visual album is,” she said. “They don’t want to support the way that she’s moving things forward with her releases and the things that she’s talking about.”
- Best New Artist
- Record of the Year (“Chasing Pavements”)
- Song of the Year (Chasing Pavements”)
- Best Female Pop Vocal Performance (“Chasing Pavements”)
- Best Female Pop Vocal Performance (“Hometown Glory”)
- Album of the Year (21)
- Best Pop Vocal Album (21)
- Record of the Year (“Rolling in the Deep”)
- Song of the Year (“Rolling in the Deep”)
- Best Short Form Music Video (“Rolling in the Deep”)
- Best Pop Solo Performance (“Someone Like You”)
- Best Pop Solo Performance (“Set Fire To The Rain,” live version from Live at the Royal Albert Hall)
- Best Song Written for Visual Media (“Skyfall” from Skyfall)
- Album of the Year (25)
- Record of the Year (“Hello”)
- Song of the Year (“Hello”)
- Best Pop Solo Performance (“Hello”
- Best Pop Vocal Album (25)
- Album of the Year (30)
- Song of the Year (“Easy on Me”)
- Record of the Year (“Easy on Me”)
- Best Pop Solo Performance (“Easy on Me”)
- Best Music Video (“Easy on Me”)
- Best Pop Vocal Album (30)
- Best Music Film (Adele One Night Only)
Will She Perform At The Grammys?
As of Jan. 31, Adele hasn’t been announced for the 2023 Grammys ceremony. That Friday and Saturday (Feb. 3 and 4), she is busy with her Weekends with Adele residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. Vegas is a quick trip to Los Angeles’s Crypto.com Arena, the site of the 2023 Grammys, and it wouldn’t be beyond reason to think she’d perform “Easy On Me” there.
What’s Next For Adele?
Adele’s rescheduled Vegas residency dates go until the end of March 2023. With her aversion to touring, it’s unclear if she’ll perform anywhere else in North America or look into establishing residencies overseas. Or, she might get working on the next album that’ll sure to win her a half-dozen more Grammys. The future is unwritten for Adele, and she holds the pen.
Click to Subscribe to Get Our Free HollywoodLife Daily Newsletter to get the hottest celeb news.
What song did Adele win a GRAMMY for? ›
Adele has won the 2023 Grammy Award for Best Pop Solo Performance for her song “Easy on Me.” The composition was nominated alongside Bad Bunny's “Moscow Mule,” Doja Cat's “Woman,” Harry Styles' “As It Was,” Lizzo's “About Damn Time,” and Steve Lacy's “Bad Habit.”Did Adele win a GRAMMY for 30? ›
30 (Adele album)
|Recorded||June 2018 – August 2021|
Beyoncé made history at the 65th annual Grammy Awards on Feb. 5 at Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles. By winning four awards, she surpassed the late classical conductor Sir Georg Solti for the most wins by anyone in Grammy history. Bey has now won 32 Grammys, one more than Solti won over a 35-year span (1963-1998).Who has more awards Beyonce or Adele? ›
In 2021, Beyoncé became the most-awarded female artist in Grammys history, with 28 wins to date, and she's the most-nominated artist at this year's ceremony. Adele has 15 Grammy awards and hasn't lost a single nomination since 2010.Who has more Grammys Beyonce or Adele? ›
Most Grammys won by a female artist.
She is the recipient of twelve Brit Awards, an Academy Award, a Primetime Emmy Award, a Golden Globe Award, sixteen Grammy Awards, eighteen Billboard Music Awards, five American Music Awards, and two Ivor Novello Awards for Songwriter of the Year.How many Emmys did Adele win? ›
Adele Wins Her First Emmy and Is Only One Award Away From EGOT.What is Adele's number 1? ›
- 8. “ ...
- 7. “ ...
- 6. “ Someone Like You” (2011) ...
- 5. “ Rumour Has It” (2011) ...
- 4. “ Skyfall” (2012) ...
- 3. “ Hello” (2015) ...
- 2. “ When We Were Young” (2015) ...
- 1. “ Easy on Me” (2021)
How many GRAMMYs does Beyoncé have? ›
With a total of 32 awards and 79 nominations from the Grammy Awards for her music (including her work in Destiny's Child and The Carters), she is the most-awarded and most nominated (tied alongside her husband Jay-Z) artist in Grammy history.Which female singer has most Grammys? ›
Beyoncé – 32 Grammys
Image: Invision/AP/Shutterstock. As of the 2023 Grammy Awards, Queen Bey is the equal most-awarded person in the history of the ceremony, with 31 awards. She's tied with the late conductor George Solti. She also has more Grammys than her husband, Jay-Z.
Three-time winner Stevie Wonder who won in 1974, 1975 and 1977. Three-time winner Paul Simon who won twice as the main credited artist, in 1976 and 1987. Taylor Swift is the first woman to win two and three times as a lead artist, in 2010, 2016 and 2021. U2 is the only group act to win twice, in 1988 and 2006.Who is the most decorated musician of all time? ›
Michael Jackson is the most decorated artist in history by a long shot. Over his career and lifetime, he won 834 awards including 13 Grammy Awards and 26 American Music Awards. Also, he was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.How many Grammys do Adele have? ›
Heading into the 65th Grammy Awards, Adele had 15 wins and 25 nominations, seven of which stemmed from her 2021 album, 30. As she was with her previous two albums, Adele was up for Album of the Year, Song of the Year, and Record of the Year.
The lead single off of her second studio album, 21, “Rolling in the Deep” was the song that ultimately pushed Adele into stardom. Her first No. 1 hit, which spent 65 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, the song was undoubtedly about a breakup.What did Adele sing at the Grammys? ›
Adele paid tribute to her son during an emotional acceptance speech at the Grammys on Sunday (Feb. 5), after winning the trophy for best pop solo performance for “Easy on Me.”What is Adele's top hit song? ›
1. 'Chasing Pavements' This song is one of Adele's first claims to fame, and it still ranks as the best all these years later. Not only is it a complex and beautifully written song, but it makes it all the more impressive to think about the fact that she was only 19 at the time of release.